Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rock and Roll!!!

stag8manod
    Hi, I run the yellow polybush ones in my Spitfire and they are alot firmer than rubber. A Google of polyurethane should show a chart of comparitive hardness.
    Cheers Ian A

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyw View Post
    Hi Martin,

Yes you are right and I say this everyday as I am a salesman!! But having spent the best part of 3.5K since September I need to be as frugal as possible. I will most likely end up with the superflex bushes as I donít want to do the job twice, but as I have found with a lot of things to do with the stag is that once you mention "triumph stag" the price doubles so I do look around for a similar or same product if I can at a better price i.e. if a part is the same on another model it is usually cheaper!

Thanks for the advice though.

Tony
    Especially with spark plugs, head gaskets and exhaust.

Hi All,

Just a quick update.
    I went out in the car for a run on Saturday and before setting off I did as mentioned and checked all the tyre pressures. I found one rear at 23 PSI so I blew that up and checked the rest. What a difference, the car was so much more stable, I thought that perhaps the fairies had changed the bushes in the night lol!

I will still replace the bushes but the difference just with the tyre pressure was unbelievable.

Thanks to all for the different advice and I will follow all the information put forward.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by flying farmer View Post
    The EJ Ward bushes are the Superflex ones I got from Chris Witor. The important thing with the superflex bushes is that the crush tube in the middle is stainless steel, not plated. The crush tube acts as the bearing, plated ones go rusty and rip the bushes to pieces
    Neil
    Hi Neil

I checked finally today with the company on Ebay and they are not s/s inserts but mild steel zinc plated.

They will supply s/s at £4 additional charge for each insert so they are still reasonably priced.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by KOY 23 View Post
    Especially with spark plugs, head gaskets and exhaust.
    Too true! Both banks of plugs can be had for less than £15 (NGK items), although some places may say otherwise .

Regarding cheaper spares try 2500 items. But with suspension I have found in the past that with research you generally get what you pay for. Paying twice is bad enough, but fitting it twice?

Anyway, I am glad that your issue was as simple as air pressure.

Dartford, Kent, '77MKII, MOD,TV8, , United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Westfaling View Post
    I had an MG Montego. It was let down by crappy (Bosch) relays that were overly voltage sensitive and would drop out at night if you turned too much stuff on. Left me stranded on Bodmin Moor at night when the one feeding the fuel pump had a hissy fit. Oh and one time while driving at (lets say the red line in top gear on the M42) huge clouds of white smoke came billowing out behind! Turned out to be some problem with the engine breather covered by a recall notice so cost me nothing. I had the one with the talking dash - I loved that but being made by the Prince of Darkness it rarely worked 100%.
    Nick
    I had a mate at Uni who had one of those Montego's with a talking dash. The car was a bit neglected so she used to go through here whole repertoire at startup! She didn't work too well either, until she warmed up a bit. (ooh err!)

Dave
    http://www.stagwiki.com | http://parts.stagwiki.com (Under Development)